Adam Shostack specializes in identifying and tackling the complex technical security issues faced by professionals and organizations. The Managing Consultant and Founder of Shostack & Associates, Shostack looks to design, build and implement the security strategies and solutions companies count on for solving their cybersecurity problems, and for being better prepared for the challenges of a fast-paced, often unpredictable future.
A longtime member and professional of the security engineering community, Adam Shostack understands the numerous responsibilities placed on the cybersecurity engineer on a regular basis. Many times an organization’s first line of defense in the constant struggle against potential security threats and risks, the security engineer is often responsible for:
- Providing assistance in the installation and use of security software, including data encryption programs and firewalls.
- Establishing and building the organization’s security practices and standards.
- Developing innovative ways for solving existing security issues.
- Making recommendations to management regarding needed security enhancements.
- Scanning networks to identify and isolate potential vulnerabilities.
- Monitoring organization systems and networks for security intrusions and breaches.
- Keeping an eye out for irregular system behavior(s).
- Investigating how security breaches happen and establishing protocols for managing and preventing breaches in the future.
To more check out Black Hat USA 2012 | Speaker – Adam Shostack